Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Just curious but why would anyone make a payment to our HOA company when they charge you to make a payment online. I guess if you are in another state. I will be leaving a check at the 3R office 🙂

Carol Fuchs
    Participant

Just curious. We paid by credit card and weren’t charged a fee.

Carol Fuchs
      Participant

I’m wrong. Sorry. Don’t have fees for last year but see it now.

Carol Fuchs
        Participant

After getting myself very confused about how I made our payment this year I finally figured it out. I was correct in saying that we were not charged a processing fee. That was because I used epayment not our credit card. epayment is for using your checking account through the internet. They do not charge for epayment. The $17.50 charge is outrageous to say the least!

Megan Meagher
          Participant

Credit card companies charge a fee to the merchants for a customer using a credit card. Most merchants bump up their prices to cover for this fee or pass the fee on to the customer directly. In the case of Field Stone they are just pushing that fee forward to us. I think visa charges between 1.5% to 2% of the transaction price to the merchant. If all of us paid by cc and Field stone covered the cost that would be roughly 8k. That’s probably why they also offer the direct bank pay option.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.