Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Patrick & Bette Cox
    Participant

Who do you use for propane delivery at 3R? I just got my bill for the one i called. They charged $23.47 in junk fees. Do all the dealers do that?

Carol Fuchs
      Participant

We have used Ed Staub and Sons for years. Never have heard of junk fees. We are not charged any fees. They have always been helpful and great to work with.

Ken & Pearl Bronson
        Participant

Are you at liberty to say who this company was as we may all need to be enlightened. Might be time to shop around? We have used Amerigas in the past for ours and see maybe a fuel surcharge but have not seen Junk fees.?

Patrick & Bette Cox
          Participant

When i said “junk Fees”. They call them;
            Haz-Mat fee. $10.99
            Fuel recovery fee $5.49
            Will-call fee $6.99
            total fees $23.47
            if you ask for next day or two delivery. “special trip charge”.

Price for the propane $2.21/gal.

I don’t use much propane. but the fees look excessive.
            I have heard of Ed Staub. No extra fees from them? Do you have contact number?

I don’t use Amerigas any longer. They charged extra fees to. On top of the others they wanted “low use fee”. I bought the tank from them, don’t use them any more. now buy propane as needed.

Carol Fuchs
            Participant

Welcome to Ed Staub & Sons

541-887-8900

I’m not sure how much per gallon. It is a necessity and we like them so we pay whatever the bill is. We do lease our tank from them too. $45 a year. Sometimes cheapest isn’t always best. 30 years of good service we aren’t going to change.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Carol Fuchs
              Participant

One more thought….maybe fees are figured into price per gallon at Ed Staub. If you find out let us know. Just curious. Won’t change anything for us.

Patrick & Bette Cox
                Participant

Thanks for you input. just wanted to know what experience others had with propane deliveries.

The haz-mat fee is a pass through fee from the EPA/government. Had to pay it for years to get welding gases.
                  and maybe the other is also.

Patrick & Bette Cox
                  Participant

interesting!

The terms and conditions info sheet sent by the propane co. with the bill said, ” The fees listed below are NOT government imposed, Nor are any portion of them paid to any government agency”.
                    HazMat fee IS listed below.

Lori Crampton
                    Participant

Guessing you signed up with Amerigas?

Carol Fuchs
                      Participant

I got curious about our bill and pulled our last fill up on Sept. 1, 2017. There are no fees on our bill and the cost of the propane was $1.89 a gallon.

Patrick & Bette Cox
                        Participant

No, I had Amergas years ago and stopped using them for all the junk fees they imposed. Northern gas does the same.

Update: I just learned yesterday that Northern Energy is owned by Amerigas. That explains it all. This will be the last time i use them.

Greg Kanne
                          Participant

We were with Northern Energy, Amerigas, for at least 20 years. Every year would have to discuss items to me that looked excessive. The folks who come out to do the service are great. The office staff, not so much. We have been on keep full program for years. This summer we ran out and they said they would be out first thing in the morning. Didn’t show that day or the next. It had been cloudy and not much solar during those days so I ended up going to the State Park so I could be sure to have electricity for my cpap. That was enough, I fired them and got Farrell gas. Last week they finally picked up their tank and a few days later got a “final bill”. Since we had been on balanced pay at the time of the incident we had about $900 to the good. There was no mention of that in the final bill. They charged $149 for pump out and restocking while the whole thing started by them letting the tank go dry… and on and on. Really tired of playing their games. I think I will just write it up and send it DOJ. Sorry for the long ramble.

Lori Crampton
                            Participant

I have had some issues too. Not sure what is going on with them but Staub and Son’s is looking better every day. I didn’t even know that Ferrel was available in the area?

Patrick & Bette Cox
                              Participant

At least we know they mistreat there customers equally.

Sounds like Ed Straub is getting more customers.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.