Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Carol Fuchs
    Participant

My husband and I were on a little sight seeing today down by the boat launch and swim area. We noticed the new dog poop bag station. As I got closer to check out the handy new dispenser of plastic poop bags I noticed something!! Look closely at the green circle at the bottom of the picture. Guess what that is! Yep! Poop! Right under the sign and box.

Attachments:
      Ken & Pearl Bronson
      Participant

My guess would be probably a coyote checking it out. Have seen lots of that stuff around.

Carol Fuchs
        Participant

Never thought of that. Teach those coyotes to pick up after themselves..????

Carol Fuchs
          Participant

Never thought of that. Teach those coyotes to pick up after themselves..????

Jan Lolley
            Participant

That doesn’t surprise me at all.

Carol Fuchs
              Participant

Never thought of a coyote. Hmmmmm

That’s by the swim area where there are not supposed to be dogs. Why put poop bags there?

Carol Fuchs
                Participant

Good point. I asked that same question. But, those of us that have dogs use the boat launch to take our boats in and out of the water. We do not let our dog swim in the swim area. But, after a long time on the water our dog does what dogs do when nature calls. We carry plastic bags with us to pick up. But, from experience of walking our dog on the beach, not all owners are as aware. Having the bags there will remind owners to pick up after their pet. It is a good reminder and hopefully used.

Megan Meagher
                  Participant

New to three rivers, so this brings up a question. Is there any part of the beach down there that the dogs can swim from or is it all off limits to dogs? And is it no dogs on the beach with owners, or no dogs in the water? Thanks

Carol Fuchs
                    Participant

Our favorite place to take our dog for a swim is at the east end of the beach in the area next to BLM. We go in the late afternoon or early evening when most folks are gone. Dogs are not allowed in the swim area next to boat launch. Not on the beach and not in the water.

Don & Laurie Meng
                      Participant

Past the swim area to the East, in the little cove area there is a good spot for dogs to play in the water. There are also Poop bag stations down past the docks/swim area.

Randy Panek
                        Keymaster

A REMINDER TO ALL PROPERTY OWNERS AND GUESTS…

Attachments:
                        Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.