Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Sheila Oliver
    Keymaster

MARIAH’S JOURNEY Please Sponsor Me on Go Fund Me

Mariah was born with a handicap called Arthrogryposis. Mariah is Randy and Linda Panek’s granddaughter. She is 5 years old, full of energy, smart, adorable, very loveable, and loves her sister Alizay. She lives in Salem, Oregon with her mommy, Stephanie.
      Arthrogryposis Multiplex Congenita (AMC), or simply arthrogryposis, describes congenital joint contracture in two or more areas of the body.
      Common Causes Arthrogryposis is usually caused by decreased fetal movements in the womb. The fetus needs movement in the limbs to develop muscle and joints. If the joints don’t move, extra connective tissue develops around the joint and fixes it in place.

Is there a cure for arthrogryposis? Treatment for Arthrogryposis. While there is no cure for arthrogryposis, there are nonoperative and operative methods aimed to improve range of motion and function at the sites of contracture.

She can’t bend her knees or elbows, only one of her thumbs work, Stephanie has to feed her, and assist with personal hygiene 100% of the time. She was born with a club foot but it has since been corrected. She couldn’t walk until this year. She walks with difficulty. From time to time she falls because of balance issues. Arthrogryposis has affected most of her body. Mariah has already had a few surgeries but there are more to come. As Mariah gets older and heavier Stephanie, won’t be able to lift her into the car. Stephanie and Mariah are hoping you will sponsor them on Go Fund Me. Mariah needs a van with a lift to help transport Mariah and her wheel chair.
      Stephanie is an amazing mother. She is completely devoted to Mariah and is trying to raise her as a normal, happy, caring young lady.
      The link is gofundme.com/f/wbbjsw-mariahs-journey and check out Mariah’s Arthrogryposis.
      Thank you Linda and Randy Panek

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.