Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gross
    Participant

I was curious if anyone has had any bad experiences This Fieldstone Management company that the 3R’s board outsourced the association’s bookkeeping duties to. So far my dealings with them have been less than impressive.Since the dues increased by a third this year I split them into 3 payments, which I have done occasionally in the past with no problem. Being retired and on a fixed income, extra money isn’t as easy to come by as it was when I was working. Now, for this privilege they are trying to charge me $75.00 extra in fees. Any one else experienced this?
      Nick

Jan Lolley
      Participant

I agree, it is not easy on a fixed income!

Dan & Erinn Mayer
        Participant

Hi Nick,

Yes, my husband and I too, are both retired and on fixed incomes, as I would guess are most of us “full-timers” here at 3R.

May I suggest you CALL FIELDSTONE yourself, & see what’s up – I too, had a (much smaller) issue with them, a couple of years ago, & immediately picked up the phone. I BELIEVE the person I spoke with was “Julie” – She was very kind & professional, and immediately resolved my issue.

Another option you MAY have, IF your property is jointly owned (as is ours), is to form an LLC. This way, all owners equally share in taxes, association fees, maintenance of the property, and so on. There is a ton of information on the internet on how to do it; we did most of it ourselves, with a small amount of assistance from Legal Zoom. I hope this helps?! (Too funny not to share – a few of the folks who chided us & other members of our LLC, saying that we were “only forming the LLC to get out of paying the association fees” have now done the exact same thing. The “irony” of it all, huh?!)

Good luck! Erinn Mayer

Randy Panek
          Keymaster

Nick and All:

In 2015 the Board of Directors approved the TRLA Dues, Assessments and Collection Policy. That policy has been included in each years property owner statements since. The Policy explains in detail the dues/assessments payment and collection procedures. I do not wish to speak for the other board members but I’m sure they would agree that our goal is to work with all property owners and there needs. Fieldstone Management is a third-party contractor retained under the direction of the board to handle bookkeeping for the Association. If any property owner has a need regard dues and assessments I encourage them to contact Julie at Fieldstone direct at (541) 385-7799, #3 or contact any board member direct, the Treasurer, Dan Mayer at (541) 977-5078 or myself at (541) 420-9898 for assistance.

Sincerely,
            Randy Panek
            President TRLA

Nick Gross
            Participant

First of all, thank you for replying. I did send an email to Julie at Fieldstone and each of the members of the board. At this time you are the only one to reply. I just looked at the statement and now I see the billing terms printed on the back. Before, I had looked at the bylaws and the CC&R’s and didn’t see there or anywhere on the landowners portion of the site anything to do with the billing terms or collection policy. I would think that it should be listed somewhere in the download or owners manual sections. Since I do all of my bill paying by computer I don’t usually spend much time looking at printed statements. I guess I will in the future. I will contact Dan and/or Julie directly and see if I can get this straightened out. Again, thanks for the reply.
              Nick Gross

Randy Panek
              Keymaster

You are very welcome Nick. I have already asked our secretary to post these on the 3R’s website. Have a great evening!

The Annual Dues and Assessment Billing and Collection Policy has been posted under Downloads. I did receive your email and conferred with Randy as to who from the board should respond. Once I learned that he was looking into the matter and was going to respond I didn’t feel it was necessary for me to respond as well.

Linda Wheeler
                Vice President TRLA

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.