Dan & Erinn Mayer

Mr. or Ms. Christy –

This is probably nothing more than someone being lost, and/or simply needing somewhere to turn around (YES, choosing to do so in our private driveways is frustrating).

—> However, IF you are truly concerned, you should CALL THE POLICE & report the incident; it’s not the
responsibility of anyone at Three Rivers to chase down trespassers.

I believe the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office non-emergency phone number is still (541) 475-2201.

You may also wish to purchase a “NO TRESPASSING” sign, if you don’t have one. We got a large “road-size” yellow sign that reads, “PRIVATE PROPERTY – NO TURNAROUND” a couple of years ago (I think it was all of $30-35) & the “traffic issue” on our property has lessened dramatically since then! (We also now have a large “DEAD END” sign as you turn onto our street, which I’m sure helps as well.)

One other thing — We also recently got a “wireless doorbell” device (can’t think of what they’re actually called right now), but my husband placed the waterproof sensor way out, where you first enter our property. Once the sensor is triggered, a nice “chimey” sort of doorbell actually rings inside our home. It was $50; again, worth every penny as we now receive plenty of warning that someone is driving up!

I hope at least some of this might help. All the best, Erinn Mayer